Online Puppet Shows and Workshops
Puppet theater combines art, movement, drama and interaction!
Our highly skilled teaching artists will bring fun and laughter to your online learning schedule.
We can stream weekly or individual sessions that can incorporate and enhance your school's virtual learning curriculum. Our sessions can run 15, 30 or 60 minutes and can either be streaming live or prerecorded (your choice).
We are here to help! We are flexible and have been streaming every day since March 2020 - our team are online streaming pros!
Older children will build their own puppets and perform, while younger kids will make DIY crafts and watch hilarious puppet shows. We will learn about different cultures and art throughout the world, and make all kinds of different styles of puppets.
What Do Kids Learn?
1 Session per Week:
Building and Performing Puppets
- Students will alternate between building, rehearsing, and performing puppet theater of their own creation.
- Each month will focus on different themes and stories, cultures, history, and learning
- Every month students will build all of the puppets needed for one entire show and perform it together or solo.
- The teaching artist will immerse the students in performance technique, script writing, visualizing design, and play.
2 Sessions per Week:
Inspiration / Building Day
- Students will watch professional performances, hear stories, and be immersed in performing arts related to that month's theme.
- Everyone will have time to build puppets and ask questions, led by a teaching artist with experience on stage.
- At the end of each month, students will have built all the puppets needed for an entire show.
Rehearsal / Performance Day
- Students will play theater games, improvise and interact with each other using their new puppets.
- The teaching artist will direct the students to perform together or solo, bringing long and short form puppet theater to life!
- Students will learn puppetry techniques, visualizing design, script writing, and will bring their own stories to life.
During the shows, the children will listen, laugh, interact directly with characters, and ask questions about puppetry and storytelling afterward. Each show is tailored for maximum fun and engagement.
Fun & Learning
Our presentations empower kids to think about stories in a new way, acting them out and using the fundamentals of puppetry to become the characters. In this way they learn empathy, storytelling, and story structure. Plus they laugh a lot!
WonderSpark Puppets offers high quality, highly customizable puppet shows and workshops that tie in to themes or stories that kids know. Since 2009, our family-run mobile theater has brought the art and traditions of booth and tabletop puppetry to educational environments like schools and libraries.
WonderSpark brings puppet theater to your students with highly interactive performances and workshops. This ancient art form engages the imagination and kickstarts a love of theater at an early age.